Did someone special help you with your research? Perhaps someone provided an inspirational spark? An annual competition offers residents an opportunity to show their appreciation for a mentor that supported their research learning. The award is announced at the annual Banquet for the Department of Pediatrics. The mentor will receive a personal plaque and be added to the Department of Pediatrics special “Resident Research Faculty Mentor of the Year” plaque. They will also have bragging rights for years to come.
What to include in your submission letter?
The nomination letter should be up to 500 words.
- Title of the research project(s)
- Duration of time working with the mentor.
- Brief description of the reasons for your nomination
- Availability of the mentor
- Mentorship quality
- Support provided to you as a resident or fellow
- Encouragement, empowerment
- Mentor ability to promote your work, including presentations at conferences and meetings
- How did the mentor enable you to write and submit manuscripts and publications
- Current state of the project
Please submit your nomination letters to Wendy Cannon at email@example.com
Submit your nomination by April 30
|2013-14||Dr. Philippe Chessex – Division of Neonatology|
|2012-13||Dr. Caron Strahlendorf – Division of Hematology/Oncology/BMT|
|2011-12||Dr. Shubhayan Sanatani – Division of Cardiology|