Expanding our impact for health justice and health equity in the province and beyond is a core priority in our new strategic plan.Leadership for this priority area will be provided by Dr. Saleem Razack and Dr. Tatiana Sotindjo with Department Executive.
Over the next five years we plan to:
• Leverage a central knowledge exchange hub to advance our work in health justice/health equity
• Deliver ongoing training for all our faculty, staff and trainees in core health equity, diversity and anti-racismcurriculum
• Collect and utilize social needs and race-based data to highlight gaps and address health justice/inequities
• Extend our advocacy role for children, youth and family/caregivers health in BC and beyond
Year 1 Action Plan:
• Create a central knowledge exchange hub to extend our work around health justice/health equity
• Provide learning opportunities to all faculty, staff and trainees in health equity, diversity and anti-racism
• Define Impact Metrics for Five-Year plan Leadership
UBC Vancouver Indigenous Portal
The purpose of the Indigenous Portal is to inform visitors about UBC Vancouver’s commitment to Indigenous engagement on campus and beyond, in addition to being an information resource for Indigenous students, faculty and the wider community.
Acknowledging traditional territory is, for many First Nations, a long-standing practice and a regular aspect of governance relationships and ceremony. In recent years territory acknowledgements have become common across Canada as an act of respect and reconciliation at formal meetings, conferences, or public events.
UBC Faculty of Medicine Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion provides leadership across the UBC Faculty of Medicine to meet the goal of transforming our culture. REDI is a service office that will work collaboratively across the Faculty to implement changes to create safe environments in which we can all participate and thrive.
Equity & Inclusion Office
The Equity & Inclusion Office envisions a community in which human rights are respected and equity is embedded in all areas of academic, work and campus life. Through its leadership, vision and collaborative action, the Equity and Inclusion Office will further UBC’s commitment to excellence, equity and mutual respect.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are necessary conditions for attracting and retaining the best and brightest students, faculty and staff from around the world. This requires that we create inclusive environments free from racism in which to work, learn and live.
Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, UBC
Indigenous Initiatives at CTLT develops and offers programming, resources, and consultations focused on Indigenous engagement in curriculum, pedagogy, classroom climate, and professional development.
To facilitate respectful and meaningful dialogue in learning spaces on campus and within the communities we work, we provide support and professional development for faculty, teaching assistants, and graduate students who are teaching in face-to-face, blended, or online classes.