From Dr. Tyler Black, Chief Medical Informatics Officer and Nancy Kotani, Vice-President, Inter-Hospital Services
We are pleased to report that PowerChart has officially replaced EVE as our primary place to view clinical results. Dictated reports have also begun populating Cerner.
To obtain access to Cerner PowerChart
1. C&W Manager, Coordinator, or UBC academic program assistant must submit Application Access IMITS eForm located at http://imitsrequest.
Physicians can submit their own request.
2. Clinicians and staff must complete the required eLearning.
Please enroll on LearningHub for the Cerner (eChart): All Clinicians and Staff eLearning Curriculum and register for the courses that you need to complete. The Cerner PowerChart (eChart): Basics course is required for access.
You will receive an email containing your Cerner account (user name) and log-in instructions
Call the eChart Command Centre x2632 if you require urgent Cerner PowerChart access to provide patient care.
What does this mean to you?
- All NEW lab and medical imaging results and dictated reports are being fed to PowerChart (only).
- EVE is now a historical viewer (see Available Data diagram below).
- New Dictation phone numbers are active.
- Patient MRN numbers will remain up-to-date in EVE.
- For downtime information refer to: eChart Downtime procedures – [http://teamsites.phsa.ca/sites/eChart/Web%20Pages/Downtime.aspx].
- Excelleris will be used to distribute all signed transcribed reports via fax or electronically to your Excelleris Launch pad web portal or EMR.
Below you’ll find the Change Notice:
Changes to Transcribed Documents and Discontinuation of Lab feeds to EVE
On June 24th, all dictating authors using Central Transcription Services will be impacted by the C&W site-wide deployment of the new M*Modal dictation/Transcription system. All transcribed reports will be viewed, edited, and signed in the Cerner PowerChart Message Center.
Ensure you have access to PowerChart (eChart) by completing the on-line training course in the Learning Hub: Cerner (eChart) – All Staff and Clinicians (3 brief courses, including e-Sign and Viewing Results).
Of particular importance is to complete the Message Centre – Signing Transcribed Documents course which reviews the NEW WAY OF SIGNING YOUR REPORTS. Reports are only distributed once they are signed. The time period for reports to be signed remains at 14 days.
Transcribed reports in EVE will only be available for pre June 24th historical data. Reports dictated prior to June 24th will still need to be signed in EVE.
Dictation ID can be obtained M-F 8:00 to 4:00 from Transcriptions Services 604-806-9696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following Lab feeds to EVE are discontinued as of 12:00 25th June. The information from these systems will now be sent to Cerner PowerChart (eChart):
- PHSA Sunquest Lab and CoPath Information Systems
- Newborn Screening
- Laboratory Genetics