What is MEND?
MEND empowers children and families to become fitter and healthier. This free program is fun and interactive and supports 7-13 year old children and their families to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Who can participate?
What happens at the MEND program?
- Parents/caregivers join their children in each session to learn about how to choose healthier foods and spend more time being physically active.
- Twice-weekly sessions are a mix of family activities where we show you how small changes can make a big difference.
- Practical demonstrations, games and tips about healthy foods, label reading and portion sizes.
- Fun physical activity sessions for the kids in a non-judgmental environment.
- Participants and their family will receive YMCA memberships to use during the duration of the program and for an additional 3 months afterwards.
- After 8 weeks, you and your family will be well on your way to a healthier life!
- a healthy lifestyle program
- involves the entire family
- meeting new friends
- making healthier choices
MEND is NOT…
- a diet
- a weight loss program
- being told what to do
Next session begins on April 23, 2014 at Strathcona Community Centre,
601 Keefer Street, Vancouver BC, V6A3V8
How to register for the MEND program?
For more information call 604-320-5826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org