To foster discovery through progressive research while advancing knowledge to the highest standards of health education, scholarship and innovation. We transform pediatric health by strengthening and sustaining our partnerships with key stakeholders through promoting ‘best health’ prevention and clinical excellence while ensuring high quality pediatric health care for the Province.
- CareersDiscover career opportunities within the department.
- Residency ProgramLearn about becoming a residence within the department.
- OrientationsFind UBC and hospital-related information.
- Mailing List Sign-upSign up to our weekly bulletin or monthly highlights.
- Awards and FundingSearch upcoming award and funding opportunities.
- Me.PediatricsA platform of apps to record and analyze your hours, encounters, etc.
- Faculty of MedicineThe Faulty of Medicine educates health professional and life sciences students.
- EducationWith 16 Royal College accredited programs, the Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, has played a vital role in developing undergraduate, residency, and clinical fellowship training programs for over 50 years.Learn More
- Clinical CareThe only children’s hospital in British Columbia, 19 subspecialty divisions within the Department of Pediatrics provide secondary and tertiary care for the children and youth of the province.Get Involved
- ResearchAs one of the main pillars of academic Health Centers, research is a critical component of the department’s activities in the promotion of high quality evidence-based practice.Explore
The Department of Paediatrics would like to congratulate and welcome Dr. Dianna Louie. Dr. Louie is a general paediatrician in Vancouver who recently completed her pediatric residency in 2014.
Dr. Louie trained in medicine at the University of British Columbia after completing an undergraduate degree at UBC in biology. Her ongoing interest in medical education has led to her current position as Distributed Site Specific Leader for 3rd year medical student education at BCCH.
She also works in community paediatrics in Richmond, Surrey and Vancouver. Dianna’s passion for resident advocacy and international work is evident in her faculty role in the Resident Wellness and Global Health Committees. She continues to volunteer locally and abroad.
The Department of Pediatrics, UBC Faculty of Medicine and BC Children’s Hospital are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Shubhayan Sanatani as the Head, Division of Pediatric Cardiology and Medical Director, BCCH Heart Centre, effective January 1, 2015.
Please join the Department of Pediatrics in welcoming Dr. Cyrus Boelman as Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Neurology. Dr. Cyrus Boelman was most recently the chief epilepsy fellow from 2012-2014 at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, where he also completed his paediatric neurology residency in 2012.
He trained in medicine at University College Dublin after completing undergraduate degrees at McGill and UBC in chemistry and neuroscience. His ongoing interest in epilepsy genetics emerged from his training with Dr. Berge Minassian in Toronto and Dr. Ingrid Scheffer in Melbourne.
In this research field, he has served as the Toronto Site Director of a large-scale Genome Canada-funded project, based in Montreal and Toronto.
- May 01, 2015
- May 08, 2015
- May 15, 2015
- May 22, 2015
- Jun 05, 2015
- Jun 12, 2015
- Jun 19, 2015
- Jun 26, 2015